about this college centre
Offering a wide variety of courses from evening and leisure classes to BA (Hons), West Highland College UHI is situated in the heart of Fort William. Our main building offers a welcoming, relaxed and supportive learning environment for its students as well as comfortable accommodation for meetings and events. The site has grown in recent years to house a library, large video conferencing suites, training kitchen and sound studio to cater for the needs of our students and the wider community.
- On-site library (opening hours: Monday – Thursday, 9am – 8.30pm; Fridays, 9am – 4.30pm)
- Video Conferencing Suites accommodating 1 person to groups of 50
- Training Kitchen open 9am to 3pm with lunch being served between 12.15pm and 1.45pm
- Wi-Fi throughout the building
- Music Recording Studio
- Meeting Rooms accommodating 2 people to groups of 50
Monday - Thursday 8.30 am to 9 pm
Friday - 8.30 am to 5 pm
West Highland College UHI - Fort William
t: 01397 874000
f: 01397 874001
Fort William Learning Centre can be found at An Aird in Fort William, Inverness-shire. For Sat Nav, the postcode is PH33 6FF Approaching from the south on the A82, follow the dual carriageway (signposted Inverness) to the roundabout and bear left. The college is the building seen on the left hand side, opposite Morrison's petrol station on Carmichael Way. Approaching from the north on the A82, follow signs for Crianlarich & Glasgow. At the first roundabout before the dual carriageway, bear right (signposted An Aird). The college building is opposite the Morrison's petrol station on Carmichael Way.
Full time courses available
- Access to Further Education
- Access to Higher Education
- Administration NC
- Administration and Information Technology HNC
- Advanced Outdoor Leadership Certificate
- Adventure Tourism Management BA (Hons)
- Business Skills for Tourism Certificate
- Child, Health and Social Care NC
- Construction Skills Certificate
- Early Education and Childcare NC
- Early Education and Childcare HNC
- Ecotourism MSc
- Fashion & Textiles NC
- Professional Cookery - Intro to Level 1 Diploma, City & Guilds
- Professional Cookery - Level 2 Diploma, City & Guilds
Through UHI we can deliver a growing range of qualifications up to degree and postgraduate level for full or part time study.
Please contact Liz for information on our courses on 01397 874246
We also have a range of part time and leisure classes, why not give us a call or contact our business section (BEST) for further information.
You may be eligible for a Skills Development Scotland Individual Learning Account (ILA) Apply online here or Telephone 0800 917 8000.
Please apply as soon as possible to ensure your application is processed in time for the start of your course.