COVID-19 (coronavirus) update
Updates for students, staff and visitors
Last Updated: 23rd March 2020
The college continues to operate as usual but our college buildings are now closed to help reduce the risk of spread of coronavirus within our communities.
Staff and students continue to work remotely and departments continue to function off-site, serving our communities, delivering lessons, marking assignments, supporting students, assessing applications for the new academic year and planning for the future.
Please contact 01397 874000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and advice.
University-wide information can be found at www.uhi.ac.uk/coronavirus
All scheduled course delivery has now moved to alternative delivery arrangements. Your course tutor will now have been in touch to confirm how your course will be delivered from next Monday onwards. We are doing everything we can to help you continue your studies. It is important that you keep in touch with your course contact as they will have the answers to your more specific questions.
This means all students studying at National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher will not sit exams this year and will, instead, be resulted on their qualification based on their course work, estimated grades and prior attainment. The SQA has made it clear that it will require as much information on the achievements of learners as possible, so it is essential you continue to work through your units, coursework and assessments assigned by your course team over the next few months.
- We continue to work closely with SQA regarding potential assessment adjustments at this time
- SQA are working towards their original deadlines and are encouraging students to sign up to MY SQA, their online and text service as a direct way to receive their results
- We understand that this is a concern for a lot of students and we would like to remind them to speak to their course lecturers or departments for more information, particularly regarding the completion of coursework.
Please keep an eye on your student email account and also www.uhi.ac.uk/coronavirus, where all the latest information and frequently asked questions will be posted, including how you can access electronic library resources. If you have any questions or require any assistance please get in touch by email to your lecturer or Student Services email@example.com, call 01397 874000 or use the UHI red button feedback service.
New and Current Applicants
New and Current Applicants
We want to reassure current and new applicants that we’re working as normal on processing applications, but things may take a little longer than usual. We’ll be working with the grading information set by SQA in line with all other universities and colleges to ensure applicants are assessed fairly. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are working closely with NHS services and Health Protection Scotland who are taking the lead in responding to this situation and we will take direction from them. Please continue to go to the NHS Inform website for the latest health related information, including advice on self-isolation if you develop a cough or fever.
There is detailed Government advice for the public here which is being updated as the situation develops.
Meanwhile the following information might be of use if you have questions about your health or general updates:
- If you have any concerns about your health in relation to suspected coronavirus, please contact NHS24 by calling 111 for advice.
- You might find the current situation around coronavirus difficult and stressful in terms of how it will affect you. This information from MIND, the mental health charity, is useful and reassuring.
- If you are a student with West Highland College UHI you can also contact your personal academic tutor or Student support for further advice.