What is BEST?
Business, Enterprise, Solutions & Training, with its aim of 'doing the BEST for your business' works with businesses to identify and deliver a comprehensive range of business training - from First Aid to Chainsaws, Food Hygiene to Day Skipper.
The BEST team liaises with employers to source the most appropriate training, when and where needed, which will increase staff skills and expertise.
Who is BEST for?
BEST delivers training solutions for businesses and organisations, large and small, covering all sectors across the West Highlands.
We are committed to helping all local businesses find the right training for your employees and accreditation for your companies.
Where do BEST Courses run?
Training courses will be delivered as locally as possible, using where possible the college’s network of 10 centres. This ensures high quality training can be accessed by delegates without having to travel to Inverness, Glasgow, Edinburgh or further afield.
Need more information?
Please call us on 01397 874874 for further information.
Flexible Workforce Development Fund
What is the Flexible Workforce Development Fund? (FWDF)
The Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF), launched by the Scottish Government in September 2017, provides £10m of training to employers in Scotland who have been subject to the Apprenticeship Levy. The aim of the fund is to provide eligible employers with workforce development training to up-skill and re-skill their existing workforce.
Following a successful pilot year the second year of the fund was launched on 1st August 2018.
- The FWDF provides employers paying the Apprenticeship Levy with workforce development training to up-skill and re-skill their existing workforce
- The fund is in addition to apprenticeship support which all employers are eligible to access in Scotland
- The fund is worth £10m across Scotland and can only be accessed by an application process through Scotland’s Colleges.
- Each levy paying employer can apply for up to a maximum of £15,000 in 2018/19
- The fund is NOT available for training required by law
- Applications to the fund for 2018/19 will close on 31st July 2019 or when the College’s allocation has been used up (whichever comes sooner). All training must have commenced before 30th September 2019
- As a levy payer, you can share all or part of your £15,000 fund with up to 2 companies in your supply chain, neither of which can be levy payers in their own right
- The Fund is allocated on a first come, first served basis. Don’t leave it too late as the Fund could be exhausted sooner rather than later.
Call Nigel Patterson our Business Development Manager on 01397 874241 or email email@example.com to arrange an initial discussion on how we can help you apply to the fund and recover some value from the Apprenticeship Levy you’ve already paid.