Funding and support
I am happy to recommend the college to deliver our FWDF Training needs. We have worked in partnership together over the past 3 years and found the service to be excellent and extremely professional in developing our workforce.
- Donald Waring, Learning and Development Manager, Mowi
What is the Flexible Workforce Development Fund?
The Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF) was launched by the Scottish Government in September 2017 and is funded through contributions to the UK Apprenticeship Levy.
The aim of the fund is to provide eligible employers with workforce development training to up-skill and re-skill their existing workforce. This training will enable employers to address skills gaps within their workforce and allow them to become more productive and efficient, as well as helping with post-COVID recovery.
- Maximum funding per levy-paying employer of up to £15,000.
- Levy payers can allocate some or all of the fund to up to 2 Supply Chain Companies or can include supply chain company employees in their training programmes.
- Non-levy paying SMEs can apply for up to £5,000 of funding under the FWDF to help address skills gaps in their workforce
- Application closing date 31st July 2023.
- Training programmes must have commenced by 31st August 2023 and be complete by 31st December 2023.