Flexible Workforce Development Fund
The Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF), launched by the Scottish Government in September 2017, provides £10m of training to employers in Scotland who have been subject to the Apprenticeship Levy. The aim of the fund is to provide eligible employers with workforce development training to up-skill and re-skill their existing workforce.
Following a successful pilot year the third year of the fund was launched on 1st August 2019.
- The FWDF provides employers paying the Apprenticeship Levy with workforce development training to up-skill and re-skill their existing workforce
- The fund is in addition to apprenticeship support which all employers are eligible to access in Scotland
- The fund is worth £10m across Scotland and can only be accessed by an application process through Scotland's colleges
- Each levy paying employer can apply for up to a maximum of £15,000 in 2019/20
- The fund is NOT available for training required by law
- Applications to the fund for 2019/20 will close on 31st July 2020 or when the College’s allocation has been used up (whichever comes sooner)
- All training must have commenced before 30th September 2020
- As a levy payer, you can share all or part of your £15,000 fund with up to 2 companies in your supply chain, neither of which can be levy payers in their own right
- The Fund is allocated on a first come, first served basis. Don't leave it too late as the Fund could be exhausted sooner rather than later
Call Nigel Patterson our Business Development Manager on 01397 874241 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an initial discussion on how we can help you apply to the fund and recover some value from the Apprenticeship Levy you’ve already paid.