What is special about this course?
Do you need highers to pursue your chosen career or study path? Did you miss out on Highers at school and want another chance to achieve your ambitions.
T2HE is a full-time course that gives you the chance to develop your dreams into definite career plans whatever they are.
T2HE is for both school leavers and adult learners who wish to return to education but who might not have achieved entry requirements at school.
T2HE is an opportunity to choose 3 subjects to study at Higher (SCQF level 6) level that will prepare you for any profession.
T2HE is an excellent way to prepare for higher education and future employment.
The course will be delivered in any of our ten college centres using blended learning: a combination of video conferencing and virtual learning environments.
• National 5 qualifications, including English: A or B, or equivalent.
• Adult returners do not require any formal qualifications but must demonstrate the ability to work at level 6.
Entry to the course for all students will be decided after a face-to-face interview with the course leader.
3 Highers at SCQF level 6:
- English - a key qualification for entry into higher education and many other forms of study
- Psychology - the scientific study of the mind and behaviour
- Sociology - an understanding of society and our place in it
- Environmental Science - discover the science of environment
- Human Biology - the opportunity to understand and investigate the living world
3 core units
- Research Skills A level 7 unit in how to conduct effective research and evaluation
- Core Skills Information, Communication Technology Confidence in using electronic systems to support your academic work
- Presenting Information Effective study skills'.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?
The course will last 34 weeks (the full academic year) and you will attend a college centre for 19 hours a week, although additional study in your own time will be required to complete the course successfully.
The course will be delivered using blended learning: a combination of video conferencing and virtual learning environments.
Where can I study my course?
- Fort William
Some of our courses require students to have essential equipment/clothing.
If you are 18 and over and are eligible for a bursary, these costs will be met through your bursary. If you are not eligible for a bursary, you will need to fund these items yourself.
If you are under 18, you are entitled to have essential equipment paid for whether you are entitled to EMA or not. However you must apply for EMA even if you know that you’re not entitled to EMA.
If in any doubt or if you want detailed information, please call student services on 01397 874321.
Students may qualify for bursary, EMA or childcare funding.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Successful students will be able to apply for other courses such as HNCs and Degree courses within West Highland College UHI or in other colleges or universities, or have a better chance of employment in their chosen field.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.