First Aid at Work - 2 day Refresher Course
What is special about this course?
Requalifying course for those who have previously completed a full three day First Aid at Work course.
Must have previously completed a three day First Aid at Work course.
As specified by HSE guidlines:
Understand the role of the first-aider, including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross-infection
- the need for recording incidents and actions
- use of available equipment
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
administer first aid to a casualty with:
- injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries
- chest injuries
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- sudden poisoning
- anaphylactic shock
recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes).
How will I study my course?
- Short course
How long will my course last?2 Days
Where can I study my course?
- Fort William
Various dates available, contact your local college centre for your next available course.
A Fee Waiver or funding of up to £200 could be available to help with payment of course fees, depending on your personal circumstances.
This support will be available for people who are 16 or over, living in Scotland and either in low paid work or actively seeking work. To be eligible, you must have income of £22,000 a year or less, or be on certain benefits.
You will also not be undertaking any secondary, further or higher education, SDS funded training or participating on the Community Jobs Scotland programme.
Please contact your local college centre for more information about eligibility, or call us on 01397 874000.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Act as designated “First Aid at Work” first aider.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for First Aid at Work - 2 day Refresher Course
To apply for this course, please contact your
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI West Highland. UHI West Highland operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.