What is special about this course?
Requalifying course for those who have previously completed a full three day First Aid at Work course.
Must have previously completed a three day First Aid at Work course.
As specified by HSE guidlines:
Understand the role of the first-aider, including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross-infection
- the need for recording incidents and actions
- use of available equipment
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
administer first aid to a casualty with:
- injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries
- chest injuries
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- sudden poisoning
- anaphylactic shock
recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes).
How will I study my course?
- Short course
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Fort William
Various dates available, contact your local college centre for your next available course.
If you already have a Skills Development Scotland Individual Learning Account (ILA) then you can enrol on a course until 30 June 2017 as long as the course commences no later than 30 September 2017.
From October 2017, the scheme is being refreshed. For more information on how to apply for a new Individual Training Account (ITA) from Skills Development Scotland, go to:
What can I do on completion of my course?
Act as designated “First Aid at Work” first aider.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.