Business with Information Technology NPA
What is special about this course?
This course allows candidates to learn the fundamental Business and Information Technology skills required for employment at their own pace, from the comfort of their own homes, with lecturer support available throughout.
You will learn essential skills for employment and further study. This course is ideal for:
- Employers who wish their employees to obtain short Continuing Professional Development courses
- Mature candidates who may have been out of education for a long period
- Candidates whose first language is not English
- Candidates who are currently employed and wish to gain a formal qualification
- Candidates that are looking to upskill for the workplace.
- Candidates who wish to learn essential skills in order to work from home
There are no specific recommended entry requirements for this award, although candidates must demonstrate that they are suited to remote independent learning. Entry is at the discretion of the College and all candidates will be invited to attend a short interview prior to being offered a place on the course.
During this short course you will study the following units:
- Understanding business
- Marketing: basic principles and applications
- IT solutions for administrators
- Researching and preparing presentations
- To develop candidates’ knowledge and understanding of the role of business in society.
- To develop candidates’ knowledge, application, and usage of a variety of software packages.
- To provide candidates with the relevant core skills for business, administration and technology for employment and further study.
- Encourage learners to take charge of their own learning and development.
Access to a computer or laptop and strong bandwidth is required.
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
Students will have access to online learning resources over the full academic year, to work through at their own pace. Tutor support will be available on email and by appointment. Students will work to assessment deadlines set by their tutor and have access to a flexible learning environment.
How long will my course last?
How will I be assessed?
All assessments will be accessed online and submitted through our virtual classroom.
Where can I study my course?
- From anywhere with an internet connection including your local college centre
This course costs £200
This course is currently approved for Individual Training Account (ITA) funding from Skills Development Scotland but this may be subject to change. For up to date information and to find out if you're eligible please contact email@example.com.
What can I do on completion of my course?
You might decide to take our Information Technology in Business PDA or explore further employment opportunities. Or you might like to progress onto our Business HNC or Administraiton and Information Technology HNC which may be available on completion of this course and some additional units.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Business with Information Technology NPA
We are no longer accepting applications for 2021/22
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at West Highland College UHI. West Highland College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.