What is special about this course?
The Professional Development Award (PDA) in Information Technology in Business at SCQF level 7 delivers the skills and knowledge needed for a range of administrative roles. It has particular emphasis on the use of IT within a business environment.
- This course will enable you to develop technical and administrative knowledge relevant to current administrative practice.
- You will develop skills and knowledge of word processing and presentation packages to aid business communication.
- You will develop an understanding of database management software and the application of databases to aid business decision making.
- This course will allow you to develop an understanding of spreadsheets and their use in providing solutions to business problems and to develop skills using technology in an administration role and prepare candidates for employment in an administration role.
For information on entry requirements of this course please contact the college at which this course is available.
SVQ Business and Administration
Year 1 - PDA
A range of skills will be covered using Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
How will I study my course?
- Part Time (Structured)
- Distance learning (at some campuses)
For information on how you will study this course please contact the campus you wish to study with.
How long will my course last?
- Part Time - up to one year
Where can I study my course?
- Argyll College UHI
- Lews Castle College UHI
- Moray College UHI
- North Highland College UHI
- Perth College UHI
- Shetland College UHI - Learning centres only
- West Highland College UHI
- Other start dates may be available in some locations. For information on other start dates, and how to apply for them, please contact the campus where you wish to study.
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant university partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On successful completion of this course you might like to consider applying for office-related jobs.
Can I progress into further study?
You can progress on to our HNC Business courses.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.