Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 9 SVQ
What is special about this course?
The SVQ Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 9 is mandatory for those employed in senior and/or management positions within the adult care sector. It is a requirement of the Scottish Social Servicies Council that people involved in adult care at a senior level have achieved, or are working towards, this qualification.
- This course will develop the skills and knowledge you have gained working in a care setting
- It is a recognised qualification in the sector
- You will undertake this qualification in your place of employment
- You will gain experience and knowledge of presenting written evidence in a portfolio
- SVQ 3 Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 7
- For information on the SVQ3 Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 7, please contact the college at which you wish to study
Year 1 - SVQ
Mandatory subjects include:
- Continuing professional development of self and others
- Develop and maintain healthy and safe practices in the workplace
- Promote and maintain effective systems for communication
- Promote the well-being and protection of all individuals
You will also study four optional units.
How will I study my course?
- You will study through supported online learning using the university's virtual learning environment (VLE)
- Part-time (structured)
- This course is work based
- You will be assessed in the workplace and will be allocated an assessor
How long will my course last?
- Part-time: 18 months
Where can I study my course?
- Argyll College UHI
- Inverness College UHI
- Lews Castle College UHI
- Moray College UHI
- North Highland College UHI
- Orkney College UHI - September start only
- Perth College UHI
- Shetland College UHI
- West Highland College UHI
- Other start dates may be available in some locations. For information on other start dates, and how to apply for them, please contact the campus you wish to study with.
Most students have their course fees paid as this is a full time course. Please read our Fees & Funding information pages for more information regarding residency, previous study and bursary rates. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.
Some of our courses require students to have essential equipment/clothing.
If you are under 18, you are entitled to have essential equipment paid for whether you are entitled to Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) or not. However you must complete an application even if you know that you’re not entitled to EMA.
If you are 18 and over and are eligible for a bursary, these costs will be met through your bursary. If you are not eligible for a bursary, you will need to fund these items yourself.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant university partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
This SCQF Level 9 qualification meets SSSC registration requirements for managers.
Can I progress into further study?
Following successful completion of the SVQ, you may wish to consider applying to a relevant degree programme offered by the university, such as BA (Hons) Health and Social Studies.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 9 SVQ
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.