Converge Challenge Roadshow visits West Highland College UHI
The Converge Challenge enterprise roadshow is aimed at university staff and students that want to explore the possibilities of developing their business ideas. It is also for academics and researchers that want to learn more about the opportunities and funding available to collaborate with businesses in order to develop new innovative products and processes.
This year you can choose from three competition categories:
- Converge Challenge – for projects demonstrating protectable know how, high commercial potential and scalability
- Creative Challenge – for innovative, new businesses operating within Scotland’s creative industries sector
- Impact Challenge – for innovative, new businesses with a social or environmental mission at their core
Applications are welcomed from any industry sector and for products or service-based ideas at any stage of development. To find out more including how to apply visit: www.convergechallenge.com
The Roadshow is visiting Fort william and other UHI Centres over the next few weeks. At Fort William, the session will be approximately an hour and a half and will include a series of presentations providing an outline of some of the guidance, support and funding currently available around innovation and enterprise. It will also be available via VC.
There will also be an opportunity to chat with the presenters on either an informal basis or on a more confidential one to one basis.
The events are held at multiple locations:-
- Wed 27 March – An Lochran – 2.30 – 4.00pm
- Mon 15 April – West Highland College UHI – 3.00–4.30pm*
- Tues 16 April – Perth College UHI – 10.00 – 11.30am
- Tues 16 April – Moray College UHI – 4.30 -6.00pm
- Wed 17 April – North Highland College UHI – 12 noon – 1.30pm
*The event at West Highland College is also available via video conference. For further details please contact the organiser.
The roadshow is a jointly delivered event by the University of the Highlands and Islands and Converge Challenge to encourage staff and students to:-
- explore commercial options and outputs to generate new business ideas and collaborations
- showcase the support, advice and funding available to the university's staff and students wishing to investigate their commercial ideas.
For more information contact:
Darlene M Russell
t: 01463 279427
or book your space here: