CRTR is one of Scotland’s leading tourism research centres, with a huge network of overseas colleagues, clients and collaborators and an impressive portfolio of activity built up since the centre’s inception in 2012. Undertaking a range of activities, from academic and applied research to participation in trans-national projects, the centre is uniquely placed for tourism research.
Working closely with the School of Adventure Studies, the centre provides research and consultancy services in the following areas:
- Nature-based and adventure tourism
- Quantitative visitor surveys
- Qualitative interviews and ethnography research
- Tourism destination development
- Marketing tourism products and services
- European and national funding applications
- Product development
In 2021 the centre is involved in or leading a broad range of trans-national, applied research tourism projects:
- PreservIng and Sustainably Governing Cultural heritage and Landscapes in European Coastal and Maritime Regions (Horizon 2020) 2018-21
- Atlantic Cluster for Technological and Economic Innovation in the Marine-Leisure Industry (Atlantic Area INTERREG) 2017-21
- The Coast that Shaped the World (ERDF) 2019-2022
- StoryTagging (NPA INTERREG) 2020-22
- Scientific Tourism (NPA INTERREG) 2020-22
- Destinations: Wellbeing Tourism Opportunities for Regions (ERASMUS + Strategic Partnership) 2019-21 (lead partner)
- TC-NAV: Navigating SMEs in the Tourism Sector through Crisis (ERASMUS + Strategic Partnership) 2020-23
- PEAK – New Heights for Youth Entrepreneurship (ERASMUS + Strategic Partnership) 2021-23
- Ethical Tourism Recovery in Arctic Communities: ETRAC (NPA INTERREG) 2021-22
- CULTIVATE (Co-creating cultural narratives for sustainable rural development) (JPI CH/AHRC) 2021-24
CRTR also co-ordinates the activities and membership of the global Adventure Tourism Research Association, including its annual International Adventure Conference.
The burgeoning Slow Adventure® movement originated from the centre and it continues to support and champion its development as an ethos and marketing concept.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on social media.