Foundation Apprenticeship Hospitality SCQF 5
This course is a skills for work qualification with an added work based challenge unit that you will complete through industry engagement. You will secure the skills that will provide suitable employment or access to more advanced courses.
This Foundation Apprenticeship programmes allow candidates to demonstrate competence in job-related skills in their particular area of work and expertise. They are suitable for a wide range of large and small customer facing organisations; for example:
- Visitor attractions within tourism
- Retail stores offering food and drink
Level SCQF 5
Delivery Face to Face
Location Gairloch High School Training Kitchen
Duration 1 Year
Candidates on this programme will study the following subjects to achieve the group award:
- Working in the Hospitality Industry
- Working in the Professional Kitchen
- Working Front of House
- Introduction to Events
Candidates will also take a Work Based Challenge unit, where they will participate in work-based activities, supported by their instructor.
Learners can progress to a range of qualifications including other Hospitality qualifications at SCQF level 6 and related awards.
- NC Hospitality or Professional Cookery SCQF level 5 or 6
- SVQs/Modern Apprenticeships in Hospitality or Practical Cookery subjects
- Employment in the hospitality sector in any suitable role
Learners in year group 4, 5 and 6 can apply for this course. No prior qualifications are required to undertake this qualification, although progression from FA Hospitality Level 4, experience and knowledge of the hospitality industry would be an advantage.