Mental Health and Well Being Level 5 - Lochaber High School
An increasing number of young people experience some form of mental health problem themselves or with their friends or family. Many are unsure about how to seek help for themselves or how to support others.
This course looks at explaining and developing a deeper understanding of the issue.
• talk about mental health
• arm yourself with healthy coping strategies
• remove the myths surrounding mental health
• understand positive and negative impacts on mental health
• learn to make the right choices
• understand the positive and negative side of social media and the internet
• create resilience
Level SCQF 5
Delivery Face to Face
Location Lochaber High School
Duration 1 Year
- Understanding Mental Health Issues
- Influences on Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Coping Strategies and Building Resilience
This qualification will build confidence in understanding well being. It can help towards your further study in school or college.
There are no set entry requirements for this course apart from an interest in the subject and the ability to work at level 4.. This can be discussed at interview.