Computing Science Advanced Higher
During this course you will gain the following skills:
- master computational thinking skills in computing contexts
- work with advanced concepts and processes in computing science
- apply skills and knowledge in analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation to a range of digital solutions
- apply creative problem-solving skills across a range of contexts
- develop autonomous learning, investigative and research skills
- communicate advanced computing concepts clearly and concisely, using appropriate terminology
Level SCQF 7
Delivery Virtual Schools Timetable
Location Highland Council Virtual Schools
Duration 1 Year
- Software Design and Development
- Computer Systems
- Database Design and Development
- Web Design and Development
On successful completion, you might consider studying from a range of our ICT courses now available up to degree level.
Pupils are expected to have achieved Higher Maths and Higher Computing Science at A or B, or a computing related subject such as Admin.
Consideration will still be given to all those not meeting these exact qualifications by way of completing a screening activity at the college to establish eligibility.