Mental Health and Well Being Level 6
An increasing number of young people experience some form of mental health problem themselves or with their friends or family. Many are unsure about how to seek help for themselves or how to support others.
This course looks at explaining and developing a deeper understanding of the issue.
- understand difference between mental health and mental illness
- rights of the individual in legislation
- what is a mental health worker
- understand positive and negativeimpacts on mental health
- getting to grips with stress#
- the value of positive health promotion
- create resilience and coping strategies
Level SCQF 6
Delivery Face to Face
Location Lochaber High School
Duration 1 Year
- Understanding Mental Health and mental illnesss
- Stress and Stress Management
- Health Promotion
This qualification will build confidence in understanding the complexities of mental health. It can help towards your further study in school or college.
There are no set entry requirements for this course apart from an interest in the subject and the ability to work at level 5/6. This can be discussed at interview.