How to apply
West Highland College UHI course options are embedded in your column choices at school. Take your time to think about what you would like to study and discuss this with your parents or guardian and your guidance teacher.
If you choose a college course, you will be asked by your guidance teacher to fill out a college
You will write a personal statement as part of your application and this is your chance to tell us all about yourself:
- be confident and enthusiastic
- explain clearly why you are applying for the course
- write about your qualities and achievements
- keep it simple - avoid spelling mistakes and long sentences
- check for errors and ask someone else to read through it too
After we have received your application, you will be invited to attend an interview in school where you will have the chance to meet college staff and to tell us why you wish to do the course.
You will then receive a letter home to let you know whether you have been successful in gaining a place.
Skills Development Scotland have created the online portal My World of Work where you will find lots of useful information and advice on how to fill in application forms, write a personal statement and prepare yourself for interview.