To apply for a Foundation Apprenticeship at West Highland College speak to your guidance teacher who will help you decide if this is the right choice for you. Once you are ready to apply you will need to fill out a college application form and return to your guidance teacher.
As part of the application process you will be asked to write a personal statement and this is your chance to tell us all about yourself:
- be confident and enthusiastic
- explain clearly why you wish to apply for the course
- write about your skills and achievements
- keep it simple - avoid spelling mistakes and long sentences
- check for errors and ask someone else to read through it too
After we have received your application, you will be invited to attend an interview in school where you will have the chance to meet college staff and to tell us why you wish to do the course.
You will then receive a letter home to let you know whether you have been successful in gaining a place.