How to apply
Our course options are included in your school column choices. Take your time to think about what you would like to study and discuss this with your parents or guardian and your guidance teacher.
To view the full range of courses you can study at your school:
- Click on the logo for your school
- Click on the 'Virtual Courses' logo
- Click on the 'Advanced Studies' logo
- If you are home educated, click on the ‘Home Educated’ logo to see your course choices.
- Go to the relevant course and use the 'Apply now' link to take you to the application form.
Tips on completing your Application Form
The course lecturer will review your application, so it is important you provide as much information as possible.
All correspondence (course offers, course updates, enrolment) will be sent by email. When supplying an email address, we would recommend you provide your school email address.
Our courses will have an entry requirement. This could be either demonstrating your commitment to the course and/or that you have a suitable qualification. If the course requests you to demonstrate your commitment to the course, please tell us this in your personal statement. Details of pending/current qualifications should be stated in the qualification section of the application form.
- This is your chance to tell us all about yourself and why the course interests you:
- be confident and enthusiastic
- explain clearly why you are applying for the course – e.g. future career, progression into another course, love of doing something
- keep it simple - avoid spelling mistakes and long sentences
- check for errors
Guidance Teacher Reference
In support of your application, your guidance teacher will also supply a reference. Please enter the name of your guidance teacher in the reference section. Your guidance teacher will receive an email reference notification once you have submitted your application.
What happens after I’ve applied?
After we have received your application, you may be invited to meet college staff. The meeting is to ensure you have all the necessary information about the course and that the course also meets your needs. It is also an opportunity for you to ask any questions you have about the course. This meeting will form part of our decision as to whether the course is right for you and if you will be offered a place.
How will I hear if my application is successful?
You will receive an email from admissions to let you know whether you have been successful in gaining a place. Please ensure you check your emails, including your junk mail folder, so that you don't miss out on important information. Remember if you have applied for more than one course, you may receive an email for each course you have applied for and you will need to confirm your acceptance for each course individually.
College websites open
- 16 January 2023
30 January 2023
- UHI West Highland, Portree & Fort William centres - Wednesday 15th February 2023
- UHI North Highland - Alness 6/7th February, Thurso 14th – 16th February and Dornoch 9th February
- UHI Inverness - 28th February 6.30-8.30pm
Closing Date for Priority Applications
- 27 March 2023
Applications received by 27 March 2023 will be given priority and any courses that are over-subscribed will be closed on that date. Applications after that date will only be considered if there are spaces available.
- 27 March – 28 April 2023
Details will be sent to schools
Application decisions e-mailed out
- Week of 01 May 2023
If you have any questions on the application process, please speak to your guidance teacher or email our School Link Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.