If you have a disability, learning or health-related difficulty of any kind, you may find learning is more of a challenge and you may require additional support. We recognise these challenges are individual to you so we do our best to make sure that the support given is designed to suit you.
We are here to help remove any barriers to your learning. These can include:
- Autistic spectrum disorders
- Visual impairments
- Hearing impairments
- Mobility or dexterity difficulties
- Health or medical conditions
- Unseen disabilities such as epilepsy
- General learning difficulties
Depending on the needs of each individual student, additional support may be:
- Access to assistive technology such as: LiveScribe pens, reading pens, audio note taker, adapted keyboards & ergonomic equipment and assistive software
- Additional individual study skills or small group tuition
- Alternative Assessment Arrangements such as reader-scribes, text to speech software electronic question papers and extra time.
- Dyslexia Sticker Scheme (HE only)
- Help to access financial support, Disabled Students Allowance (HE only)
These lists may not cover everything that we could help with, so please let us know if you don't see what you need.
A full range of reasonable adjustments to both the physical environment and learning materials can be explored to support students. An assessment of needs will be carried out with each student to decide what additional support will be required for their learning. At UHI west Highland we feel that you should always be at the centre of this process and no additional support will be put in place without your agreement.
Who to speak to
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you would like to discuss additional support further:
email@example.com or 01397 874247
firstname.lastname@example.org or 01397 874573
email@example.com or 01397 874040