First Steps to our Degree Programme
Not everyone is immediately ready to go straight in to degree level study. Perhaps you need to build on practical ability or develop your study skills? We have the solution.
Our one-year further education courses can prepare you for the next step, either into employment or further study:
- Outdoor Adventure (NC Sport and Fitness) is a SCQF level 5 equivalent course. Based in Broadford on the Isle of Skye you'll have access to the world famous Cuillin mountains and fantastic locations for paddlesports in sea and freshwater. This course will encourage the growth of personal confidence and competence in both practical and academic areas.
- Outdoor Leadership NQ is a SCQF level 6 equivalent course based in Fort William. This course will build on existing academic skills and enable you to develop and share your practical competence by learning about leadership.
These two courses could be the start of your journey. Many of our students progress to degree level study in the School of Adventure Studies on one of these courses:
- Adventure Education BA (Hons)
- Adventure Performance and Coaching BA (Hons)
- Adventure Tourism Management BA (Hons)
- Marine and Coastal Tourism BA (Hons)
Other students are looking to develop skills to allow them to pursue a path in freelance or outdoor centre instruction. You could end up working abroad or transferring your leadership experience into a new field.