Further Education Discretionary Funding


(This is assessed on an individual basis, not eligible if living at home)

If you are eligible for a bursary and are paying housing costs you may be eligible for a contribution towards your housing costs. This will take into account your parents’ or partner’s income if applicable. What you will need:

  • Proof of housing costs - Mortgage/Tenancy Agreement
  • Council Tax letter
  • Proof of payments
  • Household income
  • Two months’ recent and consecutive bank statements
  • Three months’ recent and consecutive payslips

Please note: You must tick the hardship box (paying rent) on the first page of the application. If you wish to apply after you have already completed an application, you should request a “Re-assessment/Appeal” through your UHI Record.