Ordinarily resident


The courts have defined ‘ordinarily residence’ as ‘habitual and normal residence in one place’. It means that you live in a country year after year by choice, apart from temporary or occasional absences such as holidays or business trips.

In most cases you will not be treated as ordinarily resident in Scotland if your main purpose in coming here is to study and you would normally be living in another country.

If you're a student from other parts of the UK (outside Scotland), you may have to pay tuition fees.

The tuition fees for a full-time further education course are not subject to means-testing and entitlement is not affected by previous study.