National Governing Body Courses
A wide range of NGB courses and achievement awards are available to study privately, or as part of our undergraduate and degree courses.
We use professional, highly experienced guides and trainers so that you achieve industry-recognised qualifications.
- Mountain Training – Mountain Leader Training/Assessment, Rock Climbing Instructor and Climbing Wall Instructor
- British Cycling: BMBLA Mountain Bike Leader Award Levels 1 and 2
- British Canoeing: Paddle Awards and Personal Performance Awards
- British Canoeing: Paddlesport Instructor
- British Canoeing: Paddlesport Leader: Open Canoe, General Kayak and Stand-up Paddleboard
- British Canoeing: Leadership Awards: Open Canoe, Sea Kayak and White Water
- British Canoeing: Coach Award: Core and Sheltered Water
- British Canoeing: Foundation Safety and Rescue Training
- British Canoeing: White Water Safety and Rescue Training
- British Canoeing: Coastal Navigation and Tidal Planning
- Royal Yachting Association: Power Boat Level 2
- Royal Yachting Association: Dingy Sailing Level 1 and Level 2
- Royal Yachting Association: VHF Marine Radio
- British Sub-Aqua Club: Snorkel Diver
- British Sub-Aqua Club: Snorkel Instructor Training Course and Assessment
- International Rafting Federation: Raft Guide
All UHI West Highland students get an allocation of tokens per year towards NGB courses organised by our highly qualified staff. This allocation may not cover all the courses you aspire to complete this would be an additional cost but as with your academic studies, it is worth having a practical plan of the qualifications you would like to gain while studying here with us.
For further information please call the college on 01397 874000