I am an experienced outdoor educator who has worked in the public, charitable and private sectors, within outdoor learning & adventure in the UK. I have over 20 years of experience as an instructor, coach, facilitator, freelancer and small business owner and lecturer.
My foundations are based on a career with The Outward Bound Trust as a Senior Instructor. I am highly engaging as an educator, knowledgeable and experienced as a practitioner, and bring a wealth of life experience to the table. I have led adventurous trips around the world, from trekking and rafting with young people in the Grand Canyon, to trekking to Everest base camping taking in Island peak, Kala Patthar & Chola pass. Within UHI I have supported the International Leadership Module to Iceland and Namibia.
- Foundations of Outdoor Learning (Year 1: Adventure Education Degree)
- Adventure Markets: Products and Services (Year 1: All degrees)
- AdancedHE Followship status, 2022
- PG Certificate in Tertiary and Higher Education, 2020
- BA (Hons) Adventure Tourism Management, University of the Highlands, and Islands, 2019
- Teaching in Colleges Today Certificate, West Highland College UHI, 2018
- Level 4 Certificate in Professional & Personal Development, Lancaster University, 2011
- CIPD Level 4 certificate in Learning and Development, Runshaw College, 2007
National Governing Body and other Awards/Positions held.
- MLTB Mountain Leader
- MLTB Single Pitch Award
- BCU Level 3 Open Canoe Coach
- RYA Dingy Instructor
- NCA Level 1 Local Cave Leader
- Scottish Canoe Association: Coaching Membership
- Institute of Outdoor Learning: Accredited Practitioner and APIOL Coach & Assessor.
What is your main outdoor interest?
Spending time in the outdoors; canoeing if it's been raining; climbing or walking if it's dry; skiing if it's snowing; biking anytime, but at present it's also spending time on little adventures with my two boys, who are into biking, swimming, and exploring.